Saturday, October 3, 2009

OpenCV 2.0a Released!

This is my very first try to get the new OpenCV 2.0 version running on Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard). While im writing the library is still compiling and I'm hoping I will get OpenCV to work with the new XCode deliverd with Snow Leopard.

I build OpenCV yesterday on a Windows machine using Visual Studio 2008 and CMake. The building process worked out just fine but there where some problems concering the test environment. When executing the "cvtest.exe" it crashes right after the "hist_backprojection" test. I read in the mailinglist that I'm not the only person with this problem, so I added a bug report. Let's wait and see where the problem is.

Despite of the failing test, the library works just fine under Windows and my own build libs. The new C++-Inteface is great and let's you code more easily than with the old ANSI-C-Style.

No comments:

Post a Comment